Inpatient Treatment Center in Casper, WY
Once an individual struggling with an alcohol or drug addiction undergoes detoxification, the next step is usually residential addiction treatment. During this phase of intensive treatment, a person moves into a temporary live-in facility with 24-hour access to medical and clinical care. The amount of time spent in an inpatient rehab facility will depend on the person’s treatment plan, but it can last anywhere from a month to several months. Affiliated with the Wyoming Medical Center, the residential treatment center at Wyoming Recovery features 17 beds and a licensed medical staff to offer our patients comprehensive care, as well as ongoing therapeutic and educational support. While often recommended, inpatient rehab care may not be the right choice for every patient. An in-person assessment will identify the appropriate level of care at Wyoming Recovery.
Residential Addiction Treatment
Wyoming Recovery’s residential treatment center is comprised of four converted homes to create a cozy, home-like atmosphere. Nestled in the heart of the scenic Rocky Mountains, our facilities provide a peaceful backdrop for people trying to overcome an alcohol or drug addiction. Our central location in Casper makes us accessible for people hailing from all over Wyoming and the United States. We do not consider our residential treatment center to be a lock-down treatment and recovery facility like the ones you may have seen in television shows or movies. Instead, we strive to create an open campus that encourages resident freedom and independence, as well as community interaction in a warm, nurturing environment. Inpatient residents are supervised around the clock for their safety. For over two decades, we’ve offered support for patients in all phases of their recovery from alcohol or drug addiction.
We maintain a small staff at Wyoming Recovery to provide personalized care for our patients. With 23 full-time employees, two part-time employees, and several contract professionals on our staff, we’re able to serve a population of up to 17 residential inpatients and up to 30 intensive outpatients, as well as numerous continuing care patients. Through evidence-based medicine and a holistic approach, we can offer high-quality, cost-effective treatment for those struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. Wyoming Recovery is licensed by the State of Wyoming Department of Health and accredited by the Joint Commission as a Behavioral Health Care Accreditation Program.
Food and Transportation Provided by Wyoming Recovery
Wyoming Recovery provides our residential patients three meals a day in cooperation with the Wyoming Medical Center and the 12/24 Club, which also sponsors more than 40 scheduled recovery-related meetings. Our inpatient rehab facility staff also arranges the transportation to all scheduled off-site appointments and activities, which may include community events, bowling, shopping, or visits to local restaurants, museums, and art centers. There are a variety of onsite and nearby indoor and outdoor recreational activities for our residents to enjoy, including leisurely hikes on Casper Mountain and trips to the river, lake, and Casper Recreation Center.
Preparing to Check into Inpatient Rehab: What to Bring
If this is your first time checking into an inpatient rehab facility, here is a helpful list of items you should bring, as well as a list of items you will be asked to leave at home:
- Medical Records/Information – You should bring all mental health or substance dependency assessment test recommendations previously completed, including any information on addiction treatment provided by another facility, psychiatrist, psychologist, or counselor for residential, individual, or group therapy. You should also bring your most recent medical records for any acute, chronic, or recurring conditions currently being treated.
- Primary and/or Secondary Insurance Card(s) – Please bring your insurance card when checking into our inpatient rehab facility. You should check with your medical insurance provider to see if the costs of inpatient rehab are covered under your specific plan. We strive to keep our costs as affordable as possible for patients who are paying out-of-pocket.
- Medications – Please bring all current medications and over-the-counter vitamins or supplements you may be taking. Patients should come with at least a 30-day supply of any medications they are currently taking with the full pharmacy labels intact. If you have less than a 30-day supply, be sure to bring your prescription and the money for a refill.
- Personal Toiletries – You should bring any needed toiletry items such as alcohol-free shampoo, conditioner, body soap, deodorant, toothpaste, a hairbrush or comb, hairdryer, shaving items, and feminine hygiene products. Our inpatient rehab facility does not provide personal toiletries.
- Clothing – You should bring up to five comfortable, modest outfits that are weather-appropriate. Clothing must not feature any addictive paraphernalia or advertisements. Wyoming Recovery provides towels and bedding, but patients are responsible for washing their own clothes in our facility’s washers and dryers.
- Spending Money – You should bring a minimum of $25 for essentials that may need to be replaced. You may also need spending money for shopping and recreational trips.
- What Not to Bring – You should not bring any electronics, valuables, or pocketknives/weapons to our residential addiction treatment center. If you bring a vehicle with you, the keys will be checked in with our staff upon your arrival. If you bring a cellphone with you to treatment, it will be checked in and held by our staff with its use restricted to specified times only.
What to Expect in Our Inpatient Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Applying a holistic mindset that involves treating every patient as a whole allows us to get to the root cause of addiction for more effective treatment. Our team will assess you thoroughly to devise a treatment plan tailored to your needs. Some patients may only require a short-term stay with us, while others may benefit more from long-term inpatient drug rehab. Wherever you fall on that spectrum, we’ll do our best to ensure your time with us is well-spent, giving you the support and resources necessary to lead a healthy, drug-free lifestyle well beyond when you walk out our doors. Recognizing the direct link between certain mental health disorders and addiction, Wyoming Recovery is also trained in dual diagnosis to give our patients with dual disorders the support they need. We often incorporate other types of wellness treatments into our inpatient care, including individual, group, and family therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, exercise, yoga, acupuncture, and massage therapy to help our residents deal with chronic pain management without the need to self-medicate with alcohol or drugs.
What Are the Benefits Offered by Inpatient Rehab Centers?
Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers such as Wyoming Recovery offer many advantages to those battling drug or alcohol addiction, including:
- Fewer Distractions – Inpatient rehab allows a person to wipe the slate clean. Being removed from everyday stress and other environmental factors that may have contributed to an addiction gives patients the chance to refocus their energy. Without easy access to drugs or alcohol, an individual is less likely to relapse during the crucial detoxification and withdrawal period.
- Around-the-Clock Medical Care – Individuals in recovery are more vulnerable to physical and mental illnesses caused by withdrawal symptoms. Depending on the substance and the severity of the addiction, some of these symptoms may even be life-threatening. Because we limit the number of patients admitted to our residential treatment center, our staff can devote one-on-one time to each patient. You won’t ever feel like a number in our rehab facility. We’ll monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan as necessary.
- Multifaceted Treatment – There is no one-size-fits-all treatment that applies to addiction. Most patients benefit from trying a combination of evidence-based treatments and therapies supervised by a qualified multidisciplinary team of physicians, psychiatrists, and counselors.
- Additional Support – The immersive residential addiction treatment setting may be what a person needs to get through the unpleasantness of withdrawal symptoms while learning more about the disease of addiction. Our staff will present you with new coping skills that you can learn how to implement while in a secure, supervised environment. Inpatients also benefit from peer support. Being surrounded by others who are going through the same battle as you can help you feel connected and empowered. Nobody should have to go through this fight alone.
Contact Wyoming Recovery
Do you have additional questions or concerns about what to expect at our residential treatment center in Casper, Wyoming? Please contact Wyoming Recovery to speak with someone from our staff. For your convenience, we always have a case manager on duty to handle emergencies and same-day admissions as the need arises. A word to the wise: Not all residential treatment centers are equal. We know it can be challenging knowing which one to choose for yourself or a loved one seeking residential addiction treatment. That’s why we invite you to arrange a facility tour or check out our resources for further information before making your selection. Be advised that you’ll also need to fill out our inpatient pre-screening form to request 24-hour care in our inpatient rehab facility, as space is limited.