Flexible Rehabilitation Options for Alcohol & Drug Addiction Treatment
The path to recovery from a drug or alcohol addiction will look very different from person to person. Wyoming Recovery recognizes this and customizes our addiction treatment plans accordingly. While many patients benefit from our inpatient rehab care in our residential addiction treatment center, we understand it may not be feasible or advisable for everyone. Some individuals may be stable enough to benefit from partial hospitalization for detoxification and treatment of their withdrawal symptoms, followed by intensive outpatient rehab and support that allows them to remain at home and work while still receiving addiction treatment. Outpatient rehab care may also be a suitable stepping stone after inpatient rehab for those with more severe addictions who may require additional assistance. We’re able to accommodate up to 30 intensive outpatients at a time with our outpatient rehab programs in Casper, Wyoming, which may last up to 12 hours a day, seven days a week. Please contact our staff with any questions or concerns you may have about becoming a rehab outpatient under our supervision.
How Partial Hospitalization Programs Work
Outpatient rehab programs give individuals access to the invaluable support network they need to overcome addiction without compromising their outside obligations to their family, employer, or community. Outpatients may come and go from our open campus as they please, deciding when and how often to attend our individual and group therapy sessions and other types of wellness treatment. Outpatients attend a partial day or evening treatment program depending on their work or school schedule. Outpatients are not required to stay overnight. Outpatient rehab often makes the transition from being in the controlled inpatient rehab environment back to the outside world smoother for many of our recovering patients. Our rehab outpatients still have access to psychiatric and medical support, as well as case managers, as part of our excellent continuum of care at Wyoming Recovery. It should be noted that outpatient rehab may not be ideal for individuals who have a chronic relapse history or for those who may be considered a danger to themselves or others.
Who Benefits Most from Outpatient Rehab at Wyoming Recovery?
Wyoming Recovery strives to keep outpatient rehab as affordable and as accessible as possible to everyone. Many people benefit from outpatient rehab because it allows them to continue working to support their family or to continue being a student focused on the future and graduating on time. While it may not be recommended for every patient, these are the ones who seem to fare the best using our drug rehab outpatient programs in the Casper, Wyoming area:
- Patients who don’t need 24-hour support or monitoring
- Patients not faced with easy access to daily temptations
- Patients in the early stages of addiction or with minor addictions
- Patients who have already completed inpatient rehab and detox
- Patients who have stable employment and housing
- Patients who are actively involved in their community
- Patients with a vast support network of friends and family
- Patients who do not have a history of chronic relapse
- Patients in tune with their feelings, thoughts, and goals through therapy and journaling
Discovering the Benefits of Outpatient Drug or Alcohol Rehab
For a recovering addict, every day spent sober is no easy accomplishment. The temptations to drink or use drugs to cope with everyday stress and tension are everywhere. However, these obstacles must be overcome. After all, an individual can’t spend forever in a residential rehab setting. Ultimately, people must learn how to live drug-free on their own. Outpatient rehab holds people accountable for their actions and keeps them connected to their addiction treatment team of specialists while allowing them to stay connected to activities outside of their treatment. Outpatient rehab costs less than inpatient rehab on average and is sometimes covered by insurance, which is a benefit for low-income individuals. However, just because it may cost less, outpatient rehab should not be thought of as subpar to our other types of addiction treatment. Other benefits of outpatient drug or alcohol rehab include:
- Ongoing Therapy & Support – Patients in our outpatient rehab program benefit from forging friendships with others overcoming addiction through our group therapy sessions. Outpatients still enjoy access to ongoing individualized therapy and support, as well as information for other helpful resources, including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and other local support groups.
- Treatment for Other Disorders – Our staff at Wyoming Recovery is familiar with dual diagnosis, or the concept that addiction often goes hand-in-hand with mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Outpatients receive treatment for co-occurring disorders as we examine underlying causes for the development of their addiction. Depending on our findings based on a holistic approach, we may recommend cognitive behavioral therapy, acupuncture, yoga, massage therapy, and more as part of your customized treatment plan.
- Measurement for Success – Addiction is a disease that may require additional monitoring to ensure continued sobriety. Our intensive outpatient programs establish measurable milestones for each patient to achieve. As an individual progresses, we may reduce their time commitments from week to week, gradually weaning them off from our outpatient rehab program once they’re ready. However, we still provide continuing care and support after our rehab programs have been completed.
- Hope for Others – We’re all interconnected at Wyoming Recovery. Many of our inpatients are inspired by seeing what our outpatients accomplish after transitioning back into everyday living. We teach patients new coping skills to help them better manage frustration, anger, and pain that they’re able to use in the real world. These coping skills should help them minimize the desire to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol.
What to Expect from Our Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
Wyoming Recovery was founded on the belief that everyone is entitled access to high-quality addiction treatment at a moderate price and free of judgment. Addiction affects people from all backgrounds. We want you to succeed and will do everything in our power to assist you. Our intensive outpatient program makes a great entry into treatment or a transition from our residential care. No matter where you are in your addiction treatment plan, we encourage open communication and involvement in the community. If you’re curious about what others have said about our inpatient or outpatient rehab programs at Wyoming Recovery, we invite you to read our testimonials. We value our patient feedback. We use it to make improvements to our addiction treatment programs and exceptional continuum of care.
Tips for Preparing for Our Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Drug rehab outpatient programs may sound a bit unnerving at first, but if you take some time to understand how they work, it can help you prepare yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally for the unique challenges ahead on your road to recovery from a drug or alcohol addiction. The better prepared you are for our inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, the more likely you are to succeed in your quest for long-lasting sobriety. Never be afraid to ask questions or raise concerns. The first step is reaching out to us at Wyoming Recovery to inquire about the patient admissions process. We’ll first need to familiarize ourselves with your medical history, mental health, and history of addiction before deciding if outpatient rehab is in your best interest. You’ll be asked to download and fill out the following forms during the admissions process:
Addiction Recovery Is a Commitment to Yourself First & Foremost
The most important piece of advice we can give anyone considering drug or alcohol rehab is to be patient. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all addiction treatment that will work for everyone. Addiction recovery isn’t a sprint. It’s more like a marathon. And for many individuals, it’s a life-long journey of discovery to see what works and what doesn’t. If you’re willing to admit that you need professional help and you’re willing to keep an open mind regarding addiction treatment, you should see notable results. Sobriety is a commitment: a commitment to yourself and to those you love. If you’re ready and willing to make that commitment to get better, we’re prepared to help at Wyoming Recovery.
Contact Our Outpatient Rehabilitation Center in Casper, WY
Do you have questions about our outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs at Wyoming Recovery? Every case and individual are unique. We encourage you to contact us to speak with our addiction treatment specialists to determine the appropriate course of treatment for your needs. Our team provides thorough assessments at our outpatient rehabilitation center in Casper, Wyoming. We’re dedicated to helping individuals battling drug or alcohol addiction and their families who may not always understand their struggles. Be sure to ask about our family therapy program. You may also check out our resources for self-assessments and other useful tips on dealing with an addiction or preparing for the detoxification or rehabilitation process.